Stokesay Court offers a unique opportunity to see a virtually untouched Late Victorian interior.
The house tour includes displays which tell the story of the role Stokesay Court played as an auxiliary military hospital. Research into Stokesay Court’s intact archives have revealed touching personal narratives of some of the wounded soldiers that were nursed by the Commandant and home owner, Mrs Rotton. For an introduction to this history you can listen to the interview on BBC Radio Shropshire.
Decor and artefacts from the film “Atonement” are on display throughout the house and gardens.
Click here to watch Stokesay Court and the filming of “Atonement” in a 30 minute feature on ITV “This Morning” programme.
- Pre-booked guided tours for individuals and small groups are available on selected dates. For 2017 Tour Dates click here
- Group tours can be arranged on Tuesdays – Sundays inclusive.
- The house is closed on Mondays. We regret that tours are not suitable for young children.
- The house tour normally takes approximately one hour, followed by morning coffee or afternoon tea with home baking.
- Visitors are welcome to explore the grounds following the tour.
- All tours must be pre-booked. 2017 tours (inclusive of guided house tour, tea, and gardens) cost £16 per head.
- Tours can be booked either by emailing email@example.com or by phone/fax 01584 856238. (If there is no reply, please leave a voicemail and we will get back to you!)
- Special arrangements can be made for larger groups of over 30.
- Special Offer: Book a house tour for Stokesay Court and get a 2for1 voucher for nearby English Heritage’s Stokesay Castle. Vouchers will be given out during tour.
- Visitors can also purchase a copy of Stokesay Court’s Waste Not Want Not – Recipes from the First World War booklets whilst at Stokesay Court.
- GROUP BOOKINGS can be arranged for other dates by appointment, up to two weeks in advance of the visit. There is normally a minimum of 20 people per tour, but we may be able to accommodate smaller numbers). Payment is requested in advance and cheques should be made payable to STOKESAY COURT. We regret that we are unable to take payment by credit card. Tours can be booked either morning or afternoon, and can be scheduled to start at any time from 10 am through to 3.30pm.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL BOOKINGS MUST BE MADE AND PAID FOR IN ADVANCE AND IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO TURN UP ON THE DAY
- When booking a place on a tour, please leave your name, contact address and a telephone number as well as your email address (where appropriate).
- The walled garden at Stokesay Court is run as a private business by Barney and Victoria Martin, who use the garden to grow top quality garden flowers for weddings, parties, and for sale by the bucket. The Flower Garden is open by appointment only. If they are there, Barney and Victoria will be delighted to admit Stokesay Court visitors for a behind the scenes glimpse of the garden, at a small extra cost. Flowers and fruit may also be available to purchase
We look forward to welcoming you.
For further information about pre-booked tours you can also contact us below: